Vastu Tips for Home
Home is where the heart is... goes the saying and it holds true for all of us. Be it at the end of a long day or early in the morning, we look forward to being at our own home. An individual’s home is where one seeks comfort, solace and good memories with family. Because our home is so important to, we are always worried about saving it from the evil eyes or negative energies surrounding us.
- Light lamps, diyas and incense at home each evening and morning. This acts as a cleanser, shooing away the negativity or any evil eye.
- Build your kitchen in the south-east corner of the house. If not possible then, the north-west corner is the second best option. However, make sure your gas stove is placed in the south-east direction.
- To shoo away negative energy, place a lemon in a glass of water. This water needs to be changed every Saturday. This must be done religiously each week.
- Proof your kitchen against all evils. You can do so by keeping medicines away from the kitchen. This is because a kitchen indicates health and happiness, and medicines indicate otherwise.
- Clear your mind. To do so, meditate for at least 15-20 minutes in a day. Chanting mantras also helps calm the mind. A clear mind can help do wonders. Plus, they are known to infuse positivity and good energy in the surroundings.
- There should not be any mirrors in the bedroom. If you already have a dressing table or a wardrobe mirror, you need to cover it with a curtain while sleeping. Also, make sure the mirror is kept away from the bed. According to Vastu, it leads to ill health and family discords.
- In the dark, unused corners of the house, place holy Ganga jal. This needs to change every weekly. Placing holy water helps the inflow of positive energy.
- Swastik is the symbol for wealth and prosperity. It is auspicious to use Swastik symbols in house. On the outer side of your main door, draw holy symbols of Swastik and OM.
- Use wind chimes as the tinkling bells help to break negative energy patterns and help the positive energy to flow easily.
- Salt is a healer. In this case, placing salt bowls in the corners of the house helps to absorb all the negative energy.
- To maintain the peace and happiness of your home it is important that you perform the Navagraha puja and Ganesh puja at least once in three years. This helps to do away with the Vastu dosha from the house.
- Picture frames that depict tragedy, war, anger or have an eagle or an owl are not good for a home. They invite trouble and are inauspicious. If you have these in your house, remove them immediately.